Web Site Construction and Design
My goal as a web designer is to work with you in creating a web presence and signature look for you or your business. As a programmer I work to build a website design with a clean infrastructure and program solutions to meet your business needs. All websites will be programmed using HTML, CSS and PHP. Using HTML as the basis for all pages make it easy for you or others to work on the pages as well.
Install, maintain and support of solutions for blogging, e-commerce etc. is some of the tasks that we do. Very often this is done as an add-on to existing web sites as demand increases on the web site. We install, configure, designing templates and maintain Wordpress (blogs) and Drupal web sites. Drupal is my preference where my customer need one or more of the following features:
- To edit the content on the web site.
- Collaborate with others.
- Multimedia that need to be updated on a regular basis.
- Many users (forums, polls and other forms of feedback)
- E-commerce (web shop) solutions.
We can help you with ordering domain name and hosting space if you need that.
Site development process
- Initial 1 hour of free consultation to discuss and understand your website needs and answer any questions you might have. This will also include an estimate of the web design cost. From around $160 and up based on what you need.
- From this initial meeting I work up a plan of approach and cost estimates to present you with options.
- We agree on a plan and contract that includes the milestones of the project and a timeline.
- The domain name and hosting platform is ordered.
- Text, photos and content are developed.
- Layout, structure and design for all web pages. By making the navigation and look consistent on all web pages, your customers will enjoy ease of finding the products and services they want.
- Creating specialized MySQL databases.
- The web site is constructed with feedback and collaborative dialogue.
- After your web site is up and running I will be available for questions, and to provide you with continued support as needed. I am also available to educate you on what you can do to maintain and update your web pages yourself.
Please contact us for more information or if you have any questions about computers or Internet technology. I would be happy to answer them.
Principles that I follow when I am designing web pages:
- Easily Accessible. I do my best to make pages that are:
- Fast to download. Most users will go away from a page if it doesn't load quickly.
- User friendly design that makes the customers feel welcome so they want to come back.
- Based on web-standards(CSS, HTML and PHP).
- Utilizing up to date security measures.
Many have asked if I do web hosting, but I don't. I have considered it, but I have figured that it is better to leave that to people that are doing it full time.
I suggest that you take a look at our local web hosting company Pacific.net and then Bluehost.com. Disclosure: I might receive a small affiliate compensation from Bluehost.com. These companies have a quick and good service and give me the answers and help that I need.